International Stage Technology Conference
|Tuesday, 20 June 2017, 11.30 am – 2.00 pm
Palais am Funkturm
|Thursday, 22 June 2017, 11.00 am – 2.00 pm
Palais am Funkturm
|Moderated panel discussion in German
|Moderated Panel discussion in English
- Hubert Eckart, Managing Director,
Deutsche Theatertechnische Gesellschaft (DTHG)
- Marc Grandmontagne, Managing Director,
- Dipl.-Ing. Architekt Tilmann Häcker, Head of Division Amt Stuttgart,
Vermögen und Bau Baden-Wuerttemberg
- Beate Kahnert, Technical Director,
- Horst Kunkel, Managing Director,
Kunkel Consulting International GmbH, Consultancy services for Theatres,
Opera Houses and Stage technology
- Rainer Münz, Consultant for cultural buildings
- Prof. Dr. Oliver Scheytt, Managing Director
- Prof. Dr. h.c. mult. Dipl.-Ing. Architekt BDA Meinhard von Gerkan, Founding Partner,
gmp architekten von Gerkan, Marg & Partner
- David Staples, Principal Consultant,
Theatre Projects Consultants
- Andy Hayles, Partner and Co-Founder,
- Architekt BDA Jörg Kümmel, Managing Partner,
- Dipl. Ing. Architekt Reinhold Daberto, Managing Director,
theater projekte daberto + kollegen planungsgesellschaft mbH
- Michail Bytschkow, Art Director and Founder,
- Geoff Wheel, Technical Director,
Theatre in Germany as a World Heritage Site: The Future as a Museum or as Theatre 4.0?
The panel discussion will debate the following questions:
- Which strategies for refurbishing Germany’s theatres will determine the future?
- Can buildings constructed over 100 years ago meet the challenges of the future?
- How can the theatre of the future maintain its significant role in urban centres?
It's all about the process: architects, theatre consultants, operators - who manages cultural projects?
In 2017 the high-level International Stage Technology Conference organised by DTHG will dwell on the topic of ’Processes’. The topic addressess the following issues:
- What influence does a theatre consultant have on the architectural design?
- Which factors are instrumental in shaping a cultural project? The technology, the venue’s purpose, the architecture?
- Which factors are able to optimise cooperation between architects, theatre consultants and operators with regard to time, costs and results?
- How does the process, from the awarding of the contract to the handing over of the keys, compare on an international scale?
Simultaneous interpreting from German into English will be available.
- 2.00 p.m.: Snacks
- 3.00 p.m. : Guided tour through halls 20-23
Simultaneous interpreting from English into German will be available.